Igugu – a legendary filly
Join the fun on Champions Day at Turffontein.
VIP Hospitality Packages available for the day.
- Ticket into VIP viewing facility
- Snacks and meals served all day
- Complimentary local bar
- Parking (2:1)
Price: R 1995 per person (excluding VAT)
More info on the raceday
Event details: Africa’s richest raceday. Nine feature races are run headed by the President’s Champions Challenge, which carries total prize money of R2 million. Total prize money for the day is more than R7 million.
History: Champions Day was introduced by horseracing and tote betting company Phumelela in 1999. The nine feature races include three Grade 1 events in the Champions Challenge, the SA Derby and the Computaform Sprint, which has long been regarded as Africa’s premier test of speed. The SA Derby is the third and final leg of the SASCOC SA Triple Crown, Africa’s richest series of races for three-year-olds.
Venue: Turffontein Racecourse, Standside Track.
- Champions Challenge (Grade 1) 2000m R2,000,000
- SA Derby (3-year-olds; Grade 1) powered by Samsung Business 2450m R1,500,000
- Computaform Sprint (Grade 1) 1000m R1,000,000
- SA Oaks (3-year-old fillies; Grade 2) 2450m R750,000
- Gold Bowl (Grade 2) 3200m R500,000
- The SA Nursery (2yo; Grade 2) 1160m R500,000
- The SA Fillies Nursery (2yo fillies; Grade 2) 1160m R400,000
- Gerald Rosenberg Stakes (fillies & mares, Grade 2) 2000m R300,000
- Camellia Stakes (fillies & mares; Grade 2) 1160m R220,000